Monday, March 17, 2008

Two weeks part-time job

My mom asked me whether I would want to work at MCA PJS for two weeks. They needed more people to help during the election. I invited a friend of mine to work with me. The boss lady there, Ms. Sharon charge pay RM50 approximately 10 working hours a day. I didnt really care about the working hours. I work as long as I want, sign in/sign out whenever I want. Just like she said it is just a voluntary job. I do not need to put much commitment on my job since the pay is only RM5 per hour.

The first day was absolutely unexpected. We were told to sort out the merchandise such as caps, shirts, badges, umbrellas,.......and etc etc. We even need to cut the banners! One of the staff allowed us to take something back home. Both of us took umbrella, the best merchandise from what I think. The staff insisted us to take the t-shirt. I wouldn't want it. You see *coughs* the big boss's face on front t-shirt. The quality of the t-shirt is bad and S size is men's cutting. Later at lunch, we had nasi lemak. In fact, this part-time job is good. They provide lunch and dinner for you =).

The following day onwards, we had proper jobs. We were put under IT section whereby we pick up calls for enquiry and print the voter paper for them. Nevertheless, we still do other jobs given by Ms. Sharon. At times, we were too free and went online. The wireless network connection is sooooooo slowwwwwww. This time, we had tastier food; squid, lemon chicken, steamed fish,..........etc!!!! (too many. can't name it all) All very delicious XD. I took few rounds of the food. But most of the time, the food finishes very fast. It's not alot and first come, first serve. The moment the food arrives, hurry run to the food =p. If not, walk out and eat at one of the nearby shops.

I was caught in one photo in Star newspaper. I was kinda busy doing something back then. Suddenly, I saw flashes here and there, looked up and saw big boss. I immediately stood up. He said to sit back and continue what I am doing. There you have, a snapshot of me ^^.

For news and picture, click link below:
From left to right: me, Yap (my leader), big boss

On the election day, I had to reached the office by 7 a.m. There was nothing to do until the evening. I decided to leave first asking permission from my boss. At last my job is done. I don't have to work there anymore. Free at lassstt!!

No comments: